Pages

June 11, 2012

Paintings That Fascinate Me

Here are some paintings I find fascinating. I could  write about each of them and explain why I find them captivating and moving, but I don't want to corrupt your interpretation of the paintings with mine.


Starry Night (De sterrennacht) - Van Gogh, 1889


The Kiss (Der Kuss) - Gustav Klimt, 1907

London, Houses of Parliament. The Sun Shining Through the Fog (Londres, le Parlement. Trouée de soleil dans le brouillard) - Claude Monet, 1904.


American Gothic - Grant Wood, 1930


The Two Princes Edward and Richard in the Tower - John Everett Millais, 1878




What do these paintings evoke in you?

3 comments:

  1. Tha painting:
    The Kiss is the ultimate embrace...
    I was happy to find it in your blogg.

    Best wishes from
    Flickan och fritänkaren
    http://toUnderstandHumans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "The Kiss"! It's one of my favorite paintings in the entire world and I hope to see it in person one day.

    And of course, "American Gothic" is just a classic. Its beauty is really in the details. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Telle une étudiante universitaire typique et cliché, j'ai "The Kiss" dans mon hall d'entrée d'appart :p. J'aime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...